Will You Marry Me?















Out to lunch!














The beach in Cleveland














The RING!!!! David did such a great job! I love it!














Many adjectives of excitement!!!!!














This was the question David asked me Friday afternoon. The question left me speechless and shocked for several minutes...but here is what I can remember:

David arrived late Thursday night in Cleveland (Valentine's Day) and said that on Friday afternoon he would like to take me out to lunch for Valentine's Day. I was so excited to see him and knowing that I had the opportunity to spend the whole day with him would be an absolute joy!! So he took me to this extremely nice restaurant for lunch which overlooked the lake. It was such a beautiful day in Cleveland, the sun was shining and the weather was not to cold, although we still had snow on the ground. There we ate a wonderful lunch together and to top it all off, David ordered chocolate fondue. What a treat! After lunch we drove to a near by beach to walk around on the snow covered sand. Being in Cleveland in the winter we had the whole beach to ourselves. We then went to sit on a big rock to exchange our Valentine's Day cards. David opened my card and then he gave me his sweet card. After cards he gave me this box and said that it was a really silly gift and that I should not even try to guess what it is because there is no way I will. So as I unwrapped the gift I was surprised to find it to be a pop tart box. This was very exciting to me because I absolutely love poptarts! And I was thinking that this was a great gift...little did I know what the box really contained. David said, lets open up the box to have a poptart. As I opened the box there was a small box inside...I looked to him and said what is this? Then he proceeded to take the box out of my hands and began his proposal.

Now this is the point where I am completely taken off guard and have a loss of memory because I can't remember anything he said to me from here on out. All I can remember is him saying will you marry me? And I responded by saying, YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!

At this moment I am overwhelmed by the kindness of God to allow me to have such a wonderful man in my life. I think to myself, what did I do to deserve him? And the answer is...I don't deserve him, but in God's mercy and kindness I am the most BLESSED girl in the world to be the future Mrs. David DeVries! I love him so much and cannot wait for the day when I can call him my husband!

1 comment:

The Murphys said...

AWWWWWWWWW!!!! we are SO happy for you two!!!